Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bunny head and egg

For my last week in sculpture, I wanted to make another chunny, but I didn't have much time. So I decided to make just the head. After I made the head, I had a little bit of spare time, so I decided to add texture to head and ears. I left the middle of the ears, eyes, and nose plain so that I could have some negative space among all the pattern. I will miss sculpture and doing blogs every week. 

Friday, May 9, 2014

Castle

This week I made a castle in class after I had finished glazing my other items. At first, I was just going to carve into a cylinder. But as I was making it, I decided the carvings looked like windows. Then to emphisize the royalty, I made the top part look like a crown. Then for the texture, I found a nail and rolled it along the surface of my project. I did it horizontally and then vertically so that the patern would look good. I hope it doesn't break when it gets fired. 

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hand

I made my hand and glazed it today. I chose a solid color for the hand, and then a popping color for the nails and bracelet. I wanted the two colors to compliment one another nicely. I think this turned out really well and I can't wait to the end product after it gets fired. My family will enjoy it when I give it to them. 

Friday, April 18, 2014

Dresses

I made my last dress this week. I wanted the texture to be something different than I had done before. I was looking for materials when I found some rope like string. I wrapped the string around the skirt of the dress and then used tape to make sure it stayed. The next day I took it off and a nice texture was there. This was my third dress and I really like making them. 

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Dress

I had finished my lantern last week, so I had no set plan to do a project. I was thinking of ideas for projects and an idea came to me of how to create other projects. I then came up with the idea to make a dress. I first rolled out clay to make two cylinders for the skirt and top. I finished it today by adding texture and low relief. I used pattern to fill up the negative space. I can't wait to glaze it. 😪😪😪

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lantern

This week, we worked on our Japenesse Lanterns. I made mine the cylinder way, so that I could make my lantern have human qualities, like a face. I made the top of it have eyes, then on the actual cylinder I cut out holes for a mouth. I was going to stop there, but it didn't look much like a face, so I added lips. Then I cut into the clay to make it look like there was a chin. I used low relief so carve this to make the face really stand out. Yesterday and today I made the stand. This was the most challenging part of the project. A stand has to be symmtrical and it also has to support the weight of my whole project. I hope it doesn't blow up in the kiln.  

Friday, March 28, 2014

Glazed

This week, the items we made got fired with the glaze. Sadly, the chunny 2 broke. But I really like how the show's glaze turned out. I like the different shades it pink, it is very unique and not boring. After glazing this, we are starting to create our Japanesse Lanters. I hope it doesn't break as well!